Thank you for your interest in the ID-75 Hailey Main Street Rehabilitation Project. Your participation is important!
How to Navigate:
- Click on the arrows on the bottom left and right side of your screen.
- Use the navigation menu at the left of the screen to revisit any part of the meeting.
How to Participate:
- Click through the slides to learn more about the project.
- The entire session should take less than 15 minutes to complete.
Project Description and Purpose
This summer, the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) will rehabilitate the pavement on Idaho Highway 75 (ID-75) in Hailey between Fox Acres Road and Cobblestone Lane.
This phase of construction follows recent upgrades to pedestrian ramps and crossings to meet current Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards.
ITD has been working with the City of Hailey and the community since 2019, seeking input on construction plans in an effort to minimize impacts to businesses, residents, and visitors.
Click image to enlarge
This project will provide for a smoother driving surface through downtown Hailey. In the coming months, ITD will rehabilitate the highway, which includes milling the old road surface, and replacing it with new pavement. Improvements will also include new striping and pedestrian crossings.
Click image to enlarge
What to Anticipate During Construction
Work will occur at night to reduce impacts to adjacent businesses and the traveling public. Night work was approved by the Hailey City Council in 2019.
- Construction will occur at night between the hours of 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Monday through Friday.
- During nighttime work hours, one northbound and one southbound lane will be open to traffic.
- During the day, two lanes will be open both northbound and southbound.
- Drivers should anticipate driving on a temporary gravel surface during construction activities. Crews will use dust abatement methods to manage dust and dirt during construction.
- To the extent possible, business access will be maintained.
- Sidewalk access and pedestrian detours will be clearly marked.
- No parking will be permitted in the work zone. Vehicles left in the work zone will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Some work will be noisy, including grinding, milling, and vibratory rolling to compact the roadway. Construction equipment will also use back up alarms.
ITD encourages everyone to slow down and pay attention when traveling in the work zone.
- Tab 1
- Tab 2
- Tab 3
- Tab 4
- Tab 5
- Tab 6
- Tab 7
- Tab 8
- Tab 9
Pavement milling removes the full depth of roadway surface so new pavement can be installed.
The milling machines use a large rotating drum to remove and grind the road surface.
Construction is scheduled to begin the week of July 12 and be complete by the end of summer.
Thank you for taking the time to review the information about the ID-75 Hailey Main Street Rehabilitation Project.
Sign up to receive project updates by visiting the project webpage.
TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964 Persons needing an interpreter or special accommodations are urged to contact (208) 334-8567 or TTY/TDD users Dial 711 to use the Idaho Relay System.
Se les recomienda a las personas que necesiten un intérprete o arreglos especiales que llamen al coordinador de participación público al (208) 334-8567. Usuarios de TTY/TDD: Marque 711 o (800) 377-3529 para usar el sistema de Relay de Idaho.