US-285 Bridge Construction Online Meeting
The purpose of this online meeting is to inform the public about CDOT's construction project replacing the bridge along US-285 between the town of Fairplay and Antero Junction.
How to navigate
- Click on the arrows on the right side of your screen.
- Use the navigation bar at the left of your screen to revisit any part of the meeting.
- To provide a comment, click on the "Comment" button at the top right of your screen.
Why the US-285 Bridge?
The existing structure on US-285 over South Fork South Platte River is routinely monitored by CDOT maintenance staff. During heavy rain this bridge has been periodically closed during high water events for public safety. In addition, a number of the wooden piles exhibit serious rot and decay at the waterline.
COLORADO BRIDGE ENTERPRISE (CBE) US-285 BRIDGE RATING*
Deck: 7 | Superstructure: 6 | Substructure: 4
Background of the CBE
The CBE was formed in 2009 as part of the Funding Advancement for Surface Transportation and Economic Recovery (FASTER) legislation. It operates as a government-owned business within CDOT.
PURPOSE OF THE CBE
The purpose of the CBE is to finance, repair, reconstruct and replace structurally deficient or poor bridge structures.
Learn more at CODOT.gov/Programs/BridgeEnterprise about the 128 bridges eligble for the CBE program, including the US-285 Bridge over South Fork South Platte River
Project Look Ahead
US-285 Bridge Construction ScheduleClick on the image above to enlarge.
DETOUR DIRECTIONS FOR TRAVELERS
SOUTH ON US-285
- Local traffic will have access to US-285 south of the junction with CO-9, but will not be able to cross the bridge at MP 172.4
- Detour begins at the junction of US-285 and CO-9
- Drivers will be directed to follow CO-9 and US-24
- Detour ends at the junction of US-285 and US-24
NORTH ON US-285
- Local traffic will have access to US-285 north of the junction with US-24, but will not be able to cross the bridge at MP 172.4
- Detour begins at the junction of US-285 and US-24
- Drivers will be directed to follow US-24 to CO-9
- Detour ends at the junction of US-285 and CO-9
It takes around 22 minutes to travel between Fairplay and Antero Junction on the existing US-285 route. This detour will only add about 8 minutes, totaling approximately 30 minutes in either direction.
Have any questions?
Click on the comment feature in the upper right corner of the screen
Call our project hotline number at 719-227-3237